There are many ways to find funding for your investment project, small or large. Here are some of the most common:
- Credit: take out a small personal loan or use a credit card in order to get funding to move forward with your project.
- Investors: Find people who are interested in making money by giving you money to invest in your vision. You may need many investors in order to be able to get the funds you need.
- Barter Services: Trade your services with someone else in order to get the product or services you need in order to be able to get started.
- Federal and State Grants: Apply for a small business grant. You’ll need to get a business plan together in order to get the grant. They aren’t easy to get but you won’t need to repay them! That’s the best part.
- Grants from Private Sources: There are many groups out there that will give you grants based on need. Some will give grants based on qualifications like disabilities and gender.
- Crowd Sourcing: You can create a gofundme account or use another internet funding source to ask for donations to use to get your startup going. This is relatively new and is great if you can get the funds. The website will take a small percentage of your donation, so be aware of that.
- Start small and build capital: start small by buying and selling small products, like roses, to get the money to buy and sell more products. This takes longer but is more stable in the end than a lot of other sources.